San Antonio is asking any volunteers wanting to help to call 311
Thursday news conference, officials said all evacuees should check in at 200 Gembler Rd, San Antonio, TX 78219, just northeast of the AT&T Center.
The American Red Cross in San Antonio also is seeking volunteers to help with evacuees. A training session will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Friday at 3642 E. Houston St. Call 800-928-4271 for more information.
From the Ready South Texas App Website:
Be prepared for disaster. The Ready South Texas app is an all-hazards overview of disaster information to help you prepare, plan and respond to disaster in your area.
Using the Ready South Texas app, you will be able to:
• Share your status with your selected contacts with the push of a button.
• Receive critical emergency alerts via push notification.
• Locate Bexar County’s emergency shelters.
• Display up-to-date evacuation route maps.
• Get the latest news and weather for the Bexar County area.
• Create a personalized Emergency Preparedness Plan by answering five basic questions.
Once Your Plan is generated, it is stored on your smartphone and can easily be shared with family members and friends. Your Plan comprises:
• An Emergency Supply Kit Checklist tailored to your needs.
• A Customized Emergency Food Supply Shopping List.
• An Emergency Communications Plan to notify your loved ones of your status
• Critical information to prepare your home for impending disaster.
Learn about the various emergency situations that Bexar County Texas residents are most likely to face in eleven integrated eGuides:
• Public Health Emergencies
• Disaster Recovery
• Active Shooter Response